Get A Job In Canada!
So, you received your visa to migrate to Canada. Amazing!What to do now? Where should you settle? There are so many questions and you have to start preparing.
Good news – you can connect with Settlement Online Pre-Arrival Ontario (SOPA).
On March 7th, 2017 – our guests on Tinig Pinoy Radio at CKCU 93.1 FM were Gemma Folini and Caroline Purver from Settlement Online Pre-Arrival Ontario (SOPA). To those who missed the interview you can view the video. Video here.
Here are more information from our interview with Gemma Follini, Ontario Facilitator, Job Search Strategies, SOPA (Settlement Online Pre-Arrival) at World Skills Employment Centre. I hope you will find wealth of information here.
1. What is the name of your organization?
World Skills Employment Centre is an award winning leader in the support and promotion of newcomer talent.
Founded as a settlement service in 1997 by Local Agencies Serving Immigrants (LASI), World Skills now helps thousands of immigrants to integrate into the local labour market through language training, cultural competency building, and job search support.
With access to the largest database of talent from around the world, we also help hundreds of local employers to source, recruit, and pre-screen internationally trained individuals for a variety of positions within the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors.
2. What services do you offer?
World Skills Employment Centre offers:
JOB SEARCH SUPPORT
– Employability Skills Assessment
– Career Exploration
– Sector Specific Information and Training
– Interview and Resume Coaching
– Networking and Social Media Training
– Business Etiquette Coaching
– Cross Cultural Training
WORKPLACE LANGUAGE TRAINING PROGRAMS
– Office Administration
– Business Writing and Oral Communication
ACCESS TO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
– Job Matching
– Targeted Recruitment Events
– Corporate Mentorship
– Federal Internship for Newcomers Program (FINP)
– Employer Coaching Events
– Non-Profit Employer Engagement Project (New)
3. Who should benefit your services?
World Skills has helped more than 20,000 immigrants establish their careers in Canada. Building on your international education and experience, our free services help you integrate and succeed in Canada.
4. Do you have other resources for those who wish to come and work in Canada?
SETTLEMENT ONLINE PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES
– Pre-arrival Orientation and Preparation
– Job Search Strategies
– Workplace Culture and Communication Support
4. Do you have resources/information to share to Filipinos in Canada?
For current resources on what might be available for Filipinos particularly in Ottawa, please visit World Skills Employment Centre website at : http://ottawa-worldskills.org
5. How to reach you?
Accessing our services starts with a personalized assessment of your education, experience and goals.